Capannone Del Redentore
Poolside Perfection on the Island of Giudecca! – Slot into your Venetian ‘vacanza’ like a duck takes to water in this extraordinary property with its own indoor pool!
Sleeps up to 6 people
Request Availability for Capannone del Redentore
We are able to organise (almost) anything your heart desires! Please get in touch to discuss your requirements
Promising tranquility and peace right beside Palladio’s votive Church of ‘Il Redentore’ – just across the water from the Zattere, Dorsoduro and St. Mark’s – Capannone del Redentore is a Venice property with no equal and is, without question, a truly wonderful surprise…
Thought to have initially been the warehouse of the monastery of Il Redentore’s Capuchin monks back in the days of the Serenissima Republic of Venice, and now remodeled into a startlingly unique and ultra-luxurious leisure and living space, this remarkable conversion accommodates up to 6 guests in 3 bedroom / 4 bathroom accommodation surrounding the pool.
Evident in a number of engravings and paintings of the Redentore by artists including Guardi and Canaletto, and converted with the utmost originality and respect for the materials used in its original construction – think honey-hued brickwork and pine from the Dolomites supplemented at a later date with chestnut timber from Galicia – the striking 2-storey accommodation with Wi-Fi connection comprises –
- A private little doorway* just to the side of Campo Del Redentore opening into a magical Mediterranean-style secret courtyard garden planted with olive trees, lemon trees, pomegranate, jujube and vines, and perfumed with rosemary, jasmine, and assorted herbs – a leafy little refuge amidst the paving stones of Giudecca
An entrance just beyond leading into –
- Capannone del Redentore’s main galleried and air-conditioned open-plan leisure and living space – a celebration in tawny timber and elegant neutrals comprising a
- 12m x 3m indoor and oxygen maintained swimming pool running along the centre (1.10m depth throughout and featuring a countercurrent swimming device plus an elephant sculpture-cum-water fountain at one corner). Please be aware that the swimming pool water is always some degrees lower in temperature than that of the house!
- A sitting / relaxation area along one side with inbuilt banquettes for poolside lounging and soft lighting
- Further seating, tables & chairs along the opposite side of the pool
- A TV / home cinema area at the farthest end of the space (and open to the pool area) with satellite channels and Netflix
- A service bathroom with a Turkish bath (sauna)** and shower
- A well-equipped and air-conditioned kitchen/breakfast room should you prefer cooking to swimming!
- 2 air-conditioned double bedrooms positioned close to Capannone’s entrance, both with a double bed (which can be split into twins but not completely separated***), satellite TV, a desk area, and a contemporary en suite bathroom with bathtub, shower and separate bidet and w.c.
Staircase leading up to the open galleried area above and
- An additional cosy sitting area, beautifully furnished and with plenty of seating
- A library / gallery area running along one side
- A 3rd bedroom area with seating and a double bed – which can be split into twins but not completely separated*** – plus a smart bathroom suite with Jacuzzi. Note that this bedroom area and bathroom suite can be made private both from each other and from downstairs by folding wooden door-height screens.
- A dining area seating up to 6 guests
(This further sitting area, bedroom area and dining area also benefit from the air-conditioning present within the main open-plan warehouse space)
* Please note that the garden entrance and the main property entrance are private and for Capannone guest use only, but that its courtyard garden is adjoined to & overlooked by the garden / pergola of the neighbouring property just in front
** Please be advised that use of the Turkish bath (sauna) is ‘on request’ only, so please let us know before arriving if you anticipate making use of it during your stay
*** Do let us know your preferences when booking
‘A Room with a Pool’ right beside the Redentore!
A superb warehoue conversion and, as far as we know, the ONLY property in private ownership in Venice’s historical centre to feature an indoor swimming pool of this size.
Within a stone’s throw of the high-end restaurants of the Hotel Cipriani (Cip’s Club and Oro) on the fashionable and easy-going island of Giudecca (peaceful apart from during the spectacular Festa Del Redentore!) and only minutes by vaporetto (water bus) to the Zattere, Dorsoduro and to the bustle and excitement of St. Mark’s Square.
A delightful canal-side stroll to Harry’s Dolci for refined dining on the water’s edge, to the Aromi and Bacaromi restaurants (and Skyline Rooftop Bar) of the Hilton Molino Stucky, and to the historic Fortuny factory.
Conveniently close to a range of small local shops for picking up supplies – including a Prix supermarket close to Redentore and a Coop supermarket near Palanca – and to a host of traditional restaurants and bars including the popular Ai Cacciatore, La Palanca, and the family-run Altanella with its waterside terrace.
Capannone del Redentore offers a wonderful range of extra services for your comfort and pleasure
- Transfer from and to the airport (or alternative arrival/departure point in Venice) to the apartment by private water taxi
- Welcome drink on your arrival
- Butler service
- Laundry & pressing service
- Fresh seasonal fruit basket and flowers upon arrival
- Welcome hamper of Venetian specialities with a signed copy of ‘Francesco’s Kitchen’ by our good friend the author, historian, architect and television presenter Francesco da Mosto
For details of additional non-complimentary services which are available to guests (including a personal chef, shopping service plus a range of exciting activities for making your stay even more special), please take a look at our ‘Concierge Service’ page or feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements.
Our VOV Concierge will also be delighted to organise brunches, cocktails and dinner parties according to your wishes and exact specifications or to discuss any special events or ideas you have in mind.