Ca’ Cerchieri Terrace
A highly prized penthouse perfect for 6, on the very top tier of the Palazzo Loredan Dell’ Ambasciatore – with 2 roof level terraces and aristocratic appeal, it’s one of Dorsoduro’s hidden treasures much adored by those who stay!
Sleeps Up to 6 People
Occupying a splendidly secluded crow’s nest position on the 4th floor of this historic 15th century Grand Canal palace where not 1 but 2 Doges of Venice were born so many years ago*, and within a deliciously lazy stroll of the delightfully photogenic Campo San Barnaba and the Accademia Bridge and Galleries ‘downstream’, Ca’ Cerchieri Terrace is airy and bright and thanks to contemporary accoutrements delivers the best of old and new.
A property with pedigree… casual yet chic, sophisticated, easy-going and extremely pleasing to the eye… and boasting a private water entrance – a ‘porta d’acqua’ – for exhilarating (and stylish!) James Bond-esque comings and goings by water taxi**, the apartment is reached via lift to the 3rd floor, leaving 1 flight of stairs to be taken on foot.
Spacious, air-conditioned and spoiling its guests within serene and quietly elegant surroundings liberally peppered with prints and original paintings, handsome furnishings and a generous sprinkling of cherished antiques, its Wi-Fi served accommodation comprises:
- A beautiful sitting room dressed with aplomb, with French windows opening onto a slim furnished terrace offering extraordinary and endlessly captivating panoramic views across treetops towards a terracotta roof-scape dotted with bell-towers
- A dining room for 8 located just behind
- A kitchen-breakfast room with ‘Kashmir white’ granite worktops, offering a superb Grand Canal vista and fully equipped to include everything one would need including a fine assortment of coffee-makers and a large fridge with icemaker
- 3 pristine bedrooms comprising:
A tasteful master with a double bed, an en-suite bathroom with bathtub, and glazed doors opening onto a romantic private terrace facing the Grand Canal with the most astonishing outlook towards the Palazzo Grassi Museum of Modern Art, the Ca’ Rezzonico Museum of 18th Century Venice, the campanile of the Frari, and much more besides
A stylish 2nd double with a double bed, an en-suite bathroom with bathtub, and slim skyline views in the direction of the Palazzo Contarini Degli Scrigni e Corfù at San Trovaso and the Accademia Bridge
A 3rd twin bedroom with 2 single beds – which can be made into a double upon your request when booking – and an en-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower
- A further bathroom with w.c., wash hand basin & shower
- A laundry room with washing machine
- And lastly, reached by stairs and available only upon request – an independent ‘mini-apartment’ composed of a bedroom sleeping 2, a living area, a small kitchen and a bathroom with shower
* Doges Leonardo Loredan (1501-21) and Francesco Loredan (1752-62)
** Please get in touch with our VOV Concierge if have a special excursion in mind (whether it be on water or land) or if you’d like to arrange a tour of your choice’
Fulfill your Venice fantasies in this modern-day fairytale and revel in views so thrilling you may never want to leave!
And for larger gatherings, the Palazzo Loredan Dell’ Ambasciatore is also home to 3 more apartments of simpler style which, when taken along with the Palazzo’s two Piano Nobile apartments (the Piano Nobile Degli Scudi and the Piano Nobile Della Loggia), provide memorable accommodation for up to 44 guests.