Isola Santa Cristina
Only 30 minutes from the splendours of Venice, yet a million miles away in a world of its own.
Sleeps Up to 15 people
- 2 master en-suite bedrooms
- 5 double en-suite bedrooms
- 1 single en-suite bedroom
- Terrace with open fire-place
- Sitting room
- Art-deco style library
- Dining hall seating 16 guests
- ‘Altana’ rooftop terrace
An exclusive private island where you can cast away your cares – exquisite, refined, a hidden pearl in the lagoon promising luxurious simplicity, serenity and calm.
Imagine… unwinding to the sound of lapping water, the flutter of birds soaring high up above, and following the scent of the silently thriving, manicured vineyard passing you by.
Ponder… waking early in an oasis of your own, breathing in the fresh lagoon breeze and frolicking happily without a single care through the glinting morning dew.
Steal away… to the island and escape the pressures of life, with space to re-charge your batteries and pursue your path to inner peace.
Spend your days… as you please in silence or with friends – some are content embracing life’s simple pleasures, for others meditation or yoga sets the tone.
Take things easy… by the pool, your nights filled with laughter and fine food – with no other guests on the island, all you need do is bring family and friends.
You’re unheard, unseen & completely undisturbed… yet you’re only as remote as you’d like to be – the island’s luxurious skippered boat is ready and waiting to carry you with ease to the grandeur of Venice or ferry you in comfort to wherever you please. *
The historic and spacious dusky pink villa set within gardens and grounds beautifully established over many years has recently been renovated into a sophisticated island residence with a décor entirely in keeping with its sublimely bucolic surroundings.
Accommodating up to 15 guests in exceptional comfort just a short boat ride away from the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello, the villa provides a quietly elegant sanctuary far away from the crowds – a place like no other where pheasants wander the organic vineyard and apricot orchard, peacocks preen and proudly strut the lawns, and the swimming pool beckons on warm, sunny days.
Boasting air-conditioning for optimum comfort during the summer months and Wi-Fi for staying in touch with the outside world beyond, the villa comprises:
- A spacious and well-furnished outdoor terrace with large open fireplace and a magical place for entertaining
- A splendid sitting room exquisitely presented in chic natural tones and leading to an Art Deco style library
- A beautifully tiled Venetian kitchen with state-of-the-art appliances and a spacious dining room accommodating 15 guests
- 8 handsome en-suite bedrooms composed of 5 double bedrooms, 2 master bedrooms and 1 single
- And granting astounding vistas of the surrounding Venetian Lagoon – a wonderful traditional ‘altana’ rooftop terrace
- Note that the tap water on Isola Santa Cristina is unsuitable for drinking so we advise that you use the complimentary bottled water provided for your convenience upon arrival. Additional bottles of drinking water may be purchased at an additional cost.
In addition to the city of Venice, places of interest that can be reached by the island’s boat include –
- The tranquil island of Torcelloand the wonderful Byzantine mosaics of the ancient Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, the world-renowned glass-making island of Murano, and the multi-coloured lace-making island of Burano
- The Lido’s beaches
- Isola San Lazzaro Degli Armeni and the Armenian Catholic Monastery of San Lazzaro – once the home of the English poet and literary figure Lord Byron
- The ancient quarantine island of the Venetian Republic – Lazzaretto Nuovo
- A host of highly-regarded restaurants serving Venetian specialities in stunning island surroundings, including ‘Locanda Cipriani’ (Torcello), ‘Venissa’ (Mazzorbo – close to Burano), ‘Busa alla Torre’ (Murano), and ‘Al Gatto Nero’ and ‘Da Romano’ (Burano)
Important additional notes *
- Time of arrival is between 2:00 p.m. and sunset, 7 days a week.
- Please note that an earlier arrival can be requested, but that arrival after dark is not possible. In cases of anticipated late arrival please contact us before booking the island. The island’s boat is not able to operate after sunset due to safety regulations.
- The island can be temporarily unreachable in certain weather conditions (e.g. fog) and during very low tides.
- Regarding travel between the island and the city of Venice itself, the island’s boat is only able to transport guests to and from the perimeter of the city and is unable to travel into Venice’s internal canals or along the Grand Canal. Please contact us for further details and assistance regarding travel within the city.
Everything exceeded our expectations! Rachel went the extra mile and helped us before we arrived and every day during our stay at Isola Santa Cristina, with all the questions we asked, and they were many, obtained all the reservations we requested, including one for 14 at Da Mario in Burano on Easter Sunday, and even set up an account with a water taxi company which we settled after departure. Isola Santa Cristina was unbelievable. René and Sandra have done a truly wonderful remodeling of the house on the island, which has a history going further back than the XIIIth century. With 14 people, we did not even use all the rooms. Everything works and it is great to be close to Venice, Murano, Burano, Torechello and the mainland, but at the same being far from the madding crowd, and is excellent for the the children to have fun when they were on the island – a must! The views are specular, specially the sunrises, sunsets and views of the Dolomites. Gourmet cooking can be organized and it was excellent. The only thing we cannot talk about is the TV, because there was no time to turn it on…