A unique ‘secondo piano nobile’* – contemporary art lovers take note – within a prestigious 13th-century palazzo at San Tomà on the Grand Canal
Sleeps up to 6 guests in 3 chic en suite bedrooms
Surveying its illustrious neighbours from the upper reaches of Palazzo Giustinian Persico**, and featured in the 2016 tome ‘Inside Venice: A Private View of the City’s Most Beautiful Interiors’, this art-focused address combines an adventurous aesthetic with a confidence borne of privilege and all things superior.
Showcasing the unmistakable trappings of unadulterated luxury and perfectly embodying the minimalist mantra that in terms of interiors ‘less is more’, the apartment sleeps 6 guests in 3 chic en suite bedrooms and is reached by stairs or lift rising up to the 2nd floor.
Enjoying a splendid Grand Canal panorama from its Palazzo Mocenigo-facing balcony – stretching from the Gothic Ca’ Foscari on the right to San Bortolomeo’s onion bell tower to the left – this recently restored property is absolutely exclusive, impeccably curated and a work of art in itself.
Boasting bold statement pieces and ‘Gatsby-esque’ Art Deco furnishings within a fabric of architectural elements that shine a torch on the palazzo’s age, Palazzetto Persico’s quietly lavish and fully air-conditioned accommodation comprises:
Stairs or lift to the
- A bright and strikingly attired main central sitting room / salone framed by a very tall beamed ceiling and sparkling Venetian terrazzo flooring, with stylish art deco furniture and Lombardesque windows at its far end opening onto a fabulous balcony overlooking the Grand Canal
- A beautiful dual-aspect dining room to the side featuring a wonderful coffered ceiling with large fresco overhead and a dining table at the centre with seating for 8 guests
- A well-equipped cook’s kitchen with immaculate brushed stainless steel fittings and everything required for cooking and entertaining
- A further Grand Canal-facing sitting room – informal in style – furnished with an Art Deco-style suite and dual-aspect Grand Canal views
- A highly decorated jewel of a study furnished with bookshelves and a writing desk and featuring a remarkably pretty vaulted ceiling overhead
Polished wooden parquet flooring ushers you towards Palazzetto Persico’s 3 beautiful bedrooms:
- A stylish twin with 2 handsomely dressed single beds and a pristine en suite bathroom enrobed in grey marble with shower
- A further twin offering treetop-skimming views to the Gothic Casa di Carlo Goldoni to the rear, with 2 elegantly attired single beds, a smart mirror and marble-lined en suite bathroom with bathtub and its own walk-in wardrobe situated just to the side
- The peaceful principal bedroom with French windows opening onto the tucked-away landside entrance to the palazzetto, a stylish double bed set below a vast 4 part mirror marvelously reflecting the room’s abundant light, and a chic marble-lined en suite bathroom with bathtub and shower
* Second ‘noble floor’
** Note that Palazzo Giustinian Persico may be reached via its landside rear entrance or via its private water gate on the Grand Canal for stylish and convenient arrivals and departures by private water taxi
An art lover’s dream within a prestigious San Polo palace, promising Grand Canal living at its jaw-dropping best…
Wonderfully positioned between the Rialto area just to the north (with its famous food markets, bacari and tight network of little alleyways and bridges) and the Dorsoduro district in the south (with its wide fondamente, antique shops and art galleries).
Within minutes of all that’s happening in and around Campo San Polo and Campo Santa Margherita, and a short stroll to the 14th-century Church of the Frari and the Tintoretto-filled Scuola Grande Di San Rocco.
Close to 3 supermarkets – a CRAI Cassa at Campo San Tomà, a well-stocked Conad near the Frari and a small Coop near Sant’ Aponal – in addition to a plethora of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes to satisfy all your self-catering and dining-out needs.
Close to the San Tomà vaporetto (water bus) stop for easy travel about town, and moments to the handy San Tomà traghetto which you can watch from your balcony and which ferries passengers by gondola across the Grand Canal to the must-see sights and attractions of the San Marco sestiere.