Palazzo Angelo Piano Nobile
An extraordinary 15 th -century palazzo of exceptional beauty, revealing its secrets to the fortunate few, on the banks of the Grand Canal.
Sleeps Up to 10
An extraordinary 15th-century palazzo of exceptional beauty, revealing its secrets to the fortunate few, on the banks of the Grand Canal.
Rarely do we see a Venetian property of such standing and so immaculately restored that it takes one’s breath away.
So let us introduce you to the Gothic Palazzo Angelo gently kissing the water’s edge between the Rialto and San Samuele, yet away from the crowds and offering ravishing views, moments from Campo Sant’ Angelo in the ‘sestiere’ of San Marco.
Sharing this super-prestigious stretch of the Canale Grande with such historically hallowed neighbours as the famous Palazzo Mocenigo and the fairytale Palazzo Pisani Moretta directly opposite, the illustrious Palazzo Dell’ Angelo encapsulates 4 superior apartments, each set to exceed your expectations of a Venetian luxury rental property.
Marrying a meticulously considered décor with a timeless air of privilege (along with a sense that a Venetian ‘home’ simply doesn’t get better than this!) the palazzo can host up to 28 guests when booked exclusively and boasts an exclusive Grand Canal water gate (porta dell’ acqua) for direct travel by private water taxi.
Once the property of the ancient Garzoni family (originally from Bologna, they later became citizens of the Venetian Republic) and once home to the magnificent library of the notable historian, Pietro Garzoni (1652-1719), the palace is blessed with a truly memorable panoramic vista captured by Canaletto in his 1725 painting ‘Grand Canal: Looking North-East towards the Rialto Bridge’.
Discretely accessed landside via its ‘secret’ arch-and-column-fringed internal courtyard, Palazzo Dell’ Angelo’s 4 apartments are of differing sizes and styles.
Served by stairs and lift and offering a host of contemporary accoutrements (including air-conditioning and Wi-Fi) they comprise:
Palazzo Angelo Piano Nobile (1st and 2nd Floors reached by lift – Sleeping 10 guests)
Remarkable in position, layout and ambience and offering guests all the privacy and exclusivity expected of such a prime address, the piano nobile’s deluxe and ultra-comfortable accommodation covers two floors of the palazzo and includes both the ‘primo’ and ‘secondo’ piani nobili (noble floors) of this supremely handsome property.
A lift or stairs take us to the:
1st Floor where we find the apartment’s capacious and high-ceilinged main sitting / reception rooms… flooded with light and a truly dazzling setting for special events and social gatherings, this floor includes:
• The palazzo’s magnificent main formal ‘salone’ – a ravishing, rose-tinted central reception space replete with colourful frescoes, stucchi galore, antique gilt-edged mirrors lit by twinkling Murano chandeliers, and drawing the eye to the fore, breathtaking floor-to-ceiling Gothic Trefoil windows opening onto a wonderful stone balcony looking onto the Grand Canal…
• A second splendidly attired dual-aspect sitting room with a pair of tall Gothic windows opening onto the Grand Canal to the front plus another to the side enjoying far-reaching views up to the iconic Rialto Bridge … cast your eyes over the canalscape immortalized by Canaletto
• The piano nobile’s uber-stylish dining room hosting guests around a spectacular carved and glass-topped dining table
• A professional kitchen with Gaggenau appliances (a private chef and service staff can be arranged upon request – please enquire for further details)
• A studio
• A ballroom
• A pair of guest bathrooms
An impressive internal marble staircase (no photos) or private lift (exclusive to apartment) rise to the 2nd Floor where we find the piano nobile’s spacious sleeping accommodation comprising:
• A second central ‘salone’ repeating the space and outlook of that on the floor below, around which sit the apartment’s 5 quietly opulent double en-suite bedrooms
Contemporary in design and immaculately tailored in fine fabrics and with custom fittings, all bedrooms have their own rather spectacular marble-attired bathrooms each designed and created to echo the colour-theme of its associated bedroom (indeed, daily ablutions have never been such a joy!)
* Are you part of a larger group who’d like to stay close to each other but in separate apartments? We offer 3 other apartments in this beautiful Venetian palazzo: Palazzo Angelo Rialto Luxury Apartment, Palazzo Angelo Frari Altana and Palazzo Angelo Fenice Loft
A masterful mix of contemporary and traditional, coming together as one within an exquisite Grand Canal palazzo.
Wonderfully situated in an exclusive area known for its antique shops and galleries close to Campo Santo Stefano – one of Venice’s best-loved squares – the Palazzo Grassi Museum of Modern Art and the Accademia Bridge leading over to the Accademia Galleries and the district of Dorsoduro.
Within easy reach of a selection of restaurants, bars, cafes and shops, including a grocery/delicatessen and a well-stocked local wine shop.
Within a stone’s throw of 2 vaporetto (water bus) stops for easy travel around town (San Samuele – Line 2 and Sant’ Angelo – Line 1), and within steps of the ‘traghetto’ service (situated literally beside the palazzo) ferrying passengers by gondola across the Grand Canal to San Toma (close to the Frari) in the district of San Polo.
Moments to the gallery of interior designer Chiarastella Cattana – a discreetly sophisticated showroom of fine and distinctively woven textiles and furnishings and, for scent-lovers, steps away from the Venice outlet of the famous Florentine ‘Officina Profumo Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella’ – one of the oldest pharmacies in the world and one time fragrance maker to Catherine de’ Medici.