Palazzo Angelo Rialto Apartment
An extraordinary 15 th -century palazzo of exceptional beauty, revealing its secrets to the fortunate few, on the banks of the Grand Canal.
Sleeps Up to 8
Request Availability for Palazzo Angelo Rialto Apartment
We are able to organise (almost) anything your heart desires! Please get in touch to discuss your requirements
An extraordinary 15th-century palazzo of exceptional beauty, revealing its secrets to the fortunate few, on the banks of the Grand Canal.
Rarely do we see a Venetian property of such standing and so immaculately restored that it takes one’s breath away.
So let us introduce you to the Gothic Palazzo Angelo gently kissing the water’s edge between the Rialto and San Samuele, yet away from the crowds and offering ravishing views, moments from Campo Sant’ Angelo in the ‘sestiere’ of San Marco.
Sharing this super-prestigious stretch of the Canale Grande with such historically hallowed neighbours as the famous Palazzo Mocenigo and the fairytale Palazzo Pisani Moretta directly opposite, the illustrious Palazzo Dell’ Angelo encapsulates 4 superior apartments, each set to exceed your expectations of a Venetian luxury rental property.
Marrying a meticulously considered décor with a timeless air of privilege (along with a sense that a Venetian ‘home’ simply doesn’t get better than this!) the palazzo can host up to 28 guests when booked exclusively and boasts an exclusive Grand Canal water gate (porta dell’ acqua) for direct travel by private water taxi.
Once the property of the ancient Garzoni family (originally from Bologna, they later became citizens of the Venetian Republic) and once home to the magnificent library of the notable historian, Pietro Garzoni (1652-1719), the palace is blessed with a truly memorable panoramic vista captured by Canaletto in his 1725 painting ‘Grand Canal: Looking North-East towards the Rialto Bridge’.
Discretely accessed landside via its ‘secret’ arch-and-column-fringed internal courtyard, Palazzo Dell’ Angelo’s 4 apartments are of differing sizes and styles.
Served by stairs and lift and offering a host of contemporary accoutrements (including air-conditioning and Wi-Fi) they comprise:
Palazzo Angelo Rialto Apartment (3rd Floor reached by lift – Sleeping 8 guests)
An achingly cool 4 bedroom / 5 bathroom apartment, teeming with tasteful touches in contemporary style.
Showcasing beautiful wooden beams overhead, gleaming terrazzo flooring underfoot, luxurious designer furnishings throughout and magnificent Grand Canal views, its accommodation comprises:
- A wonderful main sitting / dining room with low-slung sofas for lounging and a dining suite set before a wall of Grand Canal-facing windows
- A chef’s (and architect’s!) dream of a kitchen / breakfast room, streamlined in style and with an extensive range of cleverly concealed equipment and appliances and, to top it all off, amazing views up to the Rialto Bridge (one wonders whether cooking has ever been so glamorous!)
And rubbing shoulders on either side of the main sitting / dining room at the centre:
- 4 beautiful double bedrooms, one dual-aspect overlooking the Grand Canal and each with a spectacular marble en suite bathroom… quiet luxury at its finest
- An additional guest bathroom
Also note that this apartment is available in combination with Palazzo Dell’ Angelo Loft on the same floor sleeping 12 guests when booked together!
* Are you part of a larger group who’d like to stay close to each other but in separate apartments? We offer 3 other apartments in this beautiful Venetian palazzo: Palazzo Angelo Piano Nobile, Palazzo Angelo Frari Altana and Palazzo Angelo Loft
A masterful mix of contemporary and traditional, coming together as one within an exquisite Grand Canal palazzo.
Wonderfully situated in an exclusive area known for its antique shops and galleries close to Campo Santo Stefano – one of Venice’s best-loved squares – the Palazzo Grassi Museum of Modern Art and the Accademia Bridge leading over to the Accademia Galleries and the district of Dorsoduro.
Within easy reach of a selection of restaurants, bars, cafes and shops, including a grocery/delicatessen and a well-stocked local wine shop.
Within a stone’s throw of 2 vaporetto (water bus) stops for easy travel around town (San Samuele – Line 2 and Sant’ Angelo – Line 1), and within steps of the ‘traghetto’ service (situated literally beside the palazzo) ferrying passengers by gondola across the Grand Canal to San Toma (close to the Frari) in the district of San Polo.
Moments to the gallery of interior designer Chiarastella Cattana – a discreetly sophisticated showroom of fine and distinctively woven textiles and furnishings and, for scent-lovers, steps away from the Venice outlet of the famous Florentine ‘Officina Profumo Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella’ – one of the oldest pharmacies in the world and one time fragrance maker to Catherine de’ Medici.
Palazzo Angelo Rialto Apartment offers a wonderful range of complimentary services for your comfort and pleasure
- Concierge service & support
- Introductory tour of the apartment by our Concierge
- Daily Morning Maid service
- Luxurious Italian toiletries
- Transfer from and to the airport (or alternative arrival/departure point in Venice) to the apartment by private water taxi
- Welcome drink on your arrival
- Butler service
- Laundry & pressing service
- Fresh seasonal fruit basket and flowers upon arrival
- Welcome hamper of Venetian specialities with a signed copy of ‘Francesco’s Kitchen’ by our good friend the author, historian, architect and television presenter Francesco da Mosto
For details of additional non-complimentary services which are available to guests (including a personal chef, shopping service plus a range of exciting activities for making your stay even more special), please take a look at our ‘Concierge Service’ page or feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements.
Our VOV Concierge will also be delighted to organise brunches, cocktails and dinner parties according to your wishes and exact specifications within the setting of the Palazzo or to discuss any special events or ideas you have in mind. Choose from the gorgeous leafy garden, the impressive ‘androne’ (spacious ground floor internal salon) or entertain ‘at home’ in your very own apartment – whatever your choice, we’ll be delighted to be of service.