Lake Como Living in the Ultimate Lap of Luxury
Once in a while we’re introduced to a prestigious Italian estate quite unlike any other luxury estate we’ve seen before. And so it is with the incomparable Villa Usuelli, the largest single private property on the shores of Lake Como!
Consisting of twin historical interconnected villas, each offering refined period opulence, spectacular lake-skimming views towards the iconic Villa d’Este just a mile across the water (and a courtesy 40 Hp speedboat to stylishly take you there!), it’s an extraordinarily illustrious backdrop hosting up to 26 resident guests (110 indoor/seated) for events and social gatherings beyond your imagination.
Take a moment to breathe in its pre-Belle Époque beauty! …
Basking in peace and sunshine beneath forested hillsides amidst the lushness of its 7-acre ‘clos de mur’ park established during the Romantic period, and boasting a 1000 ft lakeshore frontage accessed via two exclusive private decks with its very own harbour laced with 18th-century terracotta statues illuminated at night, this supremely elegant estate features two beautifully landscaped swimming pools – each an earthly paradise offering the ultimate in relaxation.
Originally the home for 40 years of famous 19th-century Swedish-born ballerina Maria Taglioni (who also owned the Gothic Palazzo Ca’ D’Oro on Venice’s Grand Canal), and later the residence of the mountaineer and aviation pioneer, Celestino Usuelli (whose wife was a member of the famous Borsalino hat manufacturing family), both antique-adorned villas have undergone meticulous renovation, and possess all the contemporary comforts today’s worldly traveller expects…
Air conditioning and heating throughout (by way of geothermal energy), automatic louvres in all rooms, Wi-Fi connection and digital satellite sit at ease within the richly evocative ambiance of another era (think original artwork, twinkling chandeliers and gorgeous period furnishings), while Villa Usuelli’s cavernous 6,500sqft underground space provides covered parking for 20 cars as well as a sheltered connection between the two villas, and access (via the park’s 600m sweeping landscaped driveway) to the estate’s gatehouse and the outside world beyond.
Named Villa Maria Taglioni & Villa Maria Serena respectively, their sublime accommodation is unreservedly recommended and comprises:
Villa Maria Taglioni (7 bedrooms / 8 bathrooms – sleeping 14 guests)
On 3 floors
Ground Floor consisting of living and reception areas with frescoed ceilings:
- Entrance hall from the courtyard with view on the lake
- Music room with Steinway grand piano directly facing the lake view and the balcony
- Living room with fireplace
- Dining room with fireplace
- Fully equipped modern kitchen
- Bathroom with shower
- A central living room on the lakeside with fireplace facing the lake
- 3 double bedrooms with en suite marble bathrooms
- Central living room with view on the lake
- 4 double bedrooms (3 of which can be converted into twins at your request) with en suite marble bathrooms
- ADSL internet and Wi-Fi, Sky satellite TV, DVD, 36 inch large screen monitor
- Full air-conditioning in ALL rooms (including all bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, etc.)
- Built-in furniture in 1st Floor bedrooms for guests’ laptops with Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections to the Villa’s printer
- 1911 Steinway model B blond wood grand piano in Ground Floor music room
- 6,500 ft underground space for direct access to both villas and interconnections to the walk exit and the path to the swimming pool (also reachable by golf buggy)
- Underground parking with direct access to the villa’s four-floor elevator
- Landscaped terrace and park, illuminated at night
- Open-air lunch / dinner pergola, illuminated at night
- Path to the swimming pool area, illuminated at night
- Landscaped swimming pool with panoramic lake view with 0.3-acre surface area, 160 ft wide, 26 guests, furnished area offering sunbathing and sun protection
- Independent private dock on the lake
- Independent underground gated walk to the village (providing access to the village, old church, the charming square & harbour, public waterfront park and public vaporetto (water bus) dock & a gourmet restaurant)
Villa Maria Serena
On 3 floors (no lift):
Lakeshore / Ground Floor consists of living and reception areas:
- Main entrance
- Frescoed salon and dining room with double fireplace and direct access to the lakeshore terrace
- Fully equipped modern kitchen with its patio winter garden
- Bathroom with shower
- Laundry room
The Garden Floor has a frescoed entrance hall from the courtyard level with view of the lake:
- 1 double bedroom (which can be converted into a twin at your request) with en suite marble bathroom, library, fireplace, balcony on the lake, dressing area
- 1 double bedroom with en suite marble bathroom, library, fireplace, balcony on the lake, dressing area
- 1 double bedroom (which can be converted into a twin at your request) with its own separate marble bathroom
The Roof Level featuring a frescoed cupola with a central balcony overlooking the central floor entrance:
Important: Please note that the two villas can only booked by one party in order to ensure complete privacy for that group of guests. A smaller party is able to rent one villa, in which case the other villa will remain vacant.
A ravishing historical estate offering extensive accommodation, oodles of old-school glamour… and utterly unique!
Private and exclusive in position and demeanour (beside the 18th-century church of Santi Gordiano ed Epimaco) yet centrally located close to the charming lakeside village of Blevio, the renowned restaurants, bars etc. of the Mandarin Oriental in Blevio, and the Hotel Il Sereno in Torno (a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ group).
Only 5km from the city of Como and its railway with highway interconnections to Milan’s airports, shopping and thriving business centres.